European City Guide

European City Guide

If you have recieved in a letter titled the “European City Guide” and it looks like the following. Please note that this is nothing to do with your domain name renewal nor it is a renewal for your web hosting plan either. It is a company in spain trying to get you to pay €987.00 to be listed in their business directory.

I would recommend that you do not pay this as we feel that you will get nothing in return. We do not send them. It is just a directory, so I would not bother, schred it and put it in the bin.

Believe it or not we usually get about 2 or 3 people arriving into our offices with their cheque books in hand asking who they make it out to!

16 Comments
  • Laura Leonard
    February 25, 2009 at 3:43 pm

If you have signed the ECG form in error and are receiving demands from ECG, please DO NOT pay them. This organisation operates in an unsolicited manner and must be stopped!

Refer to this website which gives guidance on what to do:

• Moheye
    February 27, 2009 at 12:33 pm

after one and half year of sendinig claims for money, finally they stopped. please do not send any money for them they are working illegal. As well as World Business Guide.

• MK
    March 3, 2009 at 12:15 am

Hi,

I read your comments about the ECG Betrayers-company, but a little late..as I have done the same like so many poor victims did.So, you suggest not to pay anything to them.Yes I know!
    This ECG should be honest and legal on what they state on their papers, trying to persuade so many people,to sign a FRAUD paper!.

Regards,
    MK

• Miroslav
    May 11, 2009 at 10:42 am

I’m one of their victim. I made a mistake and signed, return to them. Now I have a lot letters from them. I just follow the instructions from ‘STOP the European City Guide’. Now I know they are the scums who want to takes the money from lot of people from Europe.

Regards Miroslav

• Mr Dunne
    June 11, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Sadly I sent a cheque for year one. But I decided not to pay anymore. they have stopped now. They rely on your fear to make money. DO NOT PAY. I also recieved 2 other Guides by post and/or email so be very careful folks.

• Thor Zeller
    April 30, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Do not pay.
    You would support a convicted criminal Organization.

• Sinead Stafford
    August 10, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Hi, Our company signed up and paid out one cheque….the guide have just send us another request for the 2nd edition. I have read the web and see the company is a complete scam. What should i do?Thanks

• margaret
    June 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Hi We signed the form in error and now keep getting demands for money at the moment i am ignoring them I tried to make contact by phone and was told nobody in there accounts department could speek English (surprise surprise when its a scam) these people shoud be stopped.

• Imola
    June 27, 2011 at 10:38 am

Hello!
    Unfortunately their letter found me in a very busy period, so probably I was not careful enough and signed and returned them in the autumn of 2009. Few months later they sent us their first bill. I was shocked and very angry, but then I started searching the web. I found stopecg.org so decided not to pay and after that I ignored their letters. I didn’t even send them any replyes or other letter suggested by the stopecg.org site. Last year I gave birth and now I am on maternal leave but they started to call my colleague who took over the companies management. They are threatening her that they will block the bank accounts, and so on.
    What should we do? Ignore them still?
    Do anyone know causes when ECG suited any companies?
    Thank you for your replyes in advance.

• Fernando Alonso
    November 10, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Hello there,

They are listed in every scam guide in Europe and unfortunately nobody has done a thing to stop these annoying and dangerous criminals. In the U.S, they have a special office in the FBI that brings these companies to a court house and eventually they go to prison. It is sad to see that this has been going on for four years so far. Unless the European Authorities do something, the feeling we get is that we are unprotected. If you have been a victim, don’t pay and ignore them. They are very persistant and threatening but remember, they are criminal organization so the best thing you can do is to ignore them. Block their incoming emails, block their faxes and return regular mail. In the end, they will leave you alone. And of course, report them to whichever organization that fights fraud whithin European teritory.

• Fran
    May 14, 2015 at 10:57 am

Hi, I was caught out back in 2009 after the death of my mum and today 14/05/2015 I’ve received a letter from their “legal department” asking for the out standing payments or I can pay 997e to write off the other editions. Is it best to ignore it?? Obviously I know its a scam I was caught out on, just don’t know what to do for the best

• Jack Brook
    January 19, 2016 at 10:49 am

Hi
    I am so fed up with this scam i even got my solicitor to email them . She is now threatening the solicitor with courts and settlement crap . So thats it they won’t be getting a penny out of me and i will be telling my solicitor to tell her to take a hike . I wish the government would do something about this