Registration of the World Business Guide 2009/2010

Registration of the World Business Guide 2009/2010

If you receive an email like this . . . DELETE it as it is not from us and is a spam and a scam

Ladies and Gentleman.

In order to have your company inserted into the registry of World Businesses for 2009/2010,
please print, complete and return the enclosed form (PDF file) to the following address:

WORLD BUSINESS GUIDE
P.O. Box 2021
3500 GA Utrecht
The Netherlands

email: register@worldbusinessguidenow.biz
FAX: ++31 20 524 8107

Updating is free of charge

If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to unsubscribe@worldbusinessguidenow.biz
Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.

29 Comments
  • Aftab Siddiqui
    February 8, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Hi,

Yes it is hot topic. People complaing about “World Business Guide”. I also run web site “Worldbusinessdiary.com (World Business Guide) which is No. 1 in Google for “World Business Guide” I want to make it clear that this email is also not from us.

Thanks.

• Tom
    February 10, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Company in Mexico received this on marketing@ e-mailaddress. Requested to delete all e-mailaddresses with certain e-mail addresses from databases.

• Takeshi Kashiwabara
    February 11, 2009 at 9:55 am

Hi,
    Yes I recieved this e-mail in 10/Feb. I had embarrassed with that email. Thanks for the advice. I have now deleted it.

• Angus Margerison
    May 7, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Helo

I have been caught in this scam and just today paid 332 euros towards the annual fee of 995 euros. I am stopping the bank payment tomorrow and seeking legal advice. Please, if ANYONE can help me fight this I would be MOST grateful.

Thanks
    Angus Margerison

• Peter Louies
    June 3, 2009 at 1:11 pm

We just received an email regarding the World Business Guide today. It is definitely a marketing trick to get subscribers to their service and it is quite a deceptive practice if you ask me.

Keep an eye out for such emails and read all the information. This scam was sent through a spoofed email address, the document needs to be forwarded to a PO Box in The Netherlands while the company is located in Spain according to the document. These are points that should alert you that this is a possible scam.

• Leelo
    June 15, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Hello.

I’m sorry to say I am a victim of this scam and just recieived the invoice today 🙁 I am ofcourse not planning to pay and sending back what they sent me, but is there an athority I can contact to stop them from starting to harass me?? Please everyone, think very carefully what you sign.. I know we are all busy but it’s such a lot of worry and hassel of we dont read things more carefully.. Lets hope somehow we can put a stop to this.

All best,
    Leelo from Estonia

• tan
    June 25, 2009 at 7:49 am

Hi,
    help me too
    i got their letter and then invoice, help me to deal with it, i see they are cheating, but how can i protect myself?

Please, Help me!!!!
    LET”S FIND THE WAY TO STOP THEM!!!!
    Tan from belarus

• Irina
    July 29, 2009 at 6:57 am

Hi Tan!

I am from Ukraine. Also the victim… I wrote them we are not going to pay their invoce and to delete all our data from site but they just ignore me and continue to sent e-mails and faxes.
    I will also ignore them not answering their mails. But I really do not know whether they can
    sue us.

• B Clavier
    August 12, 2009 at 9:16 am

Hi there;
    WBG, ran by International Directories Group Ltd is not at its first operation. More information, a must read page can be found at

If you browse toward the main page, you’ll find information on other operations using the same methods. Some companies have recently been liquidated but it appears the operations from Spain is still running.

Best advice to be given is to ignore the reminders (keep them for evidence of spaming and harrassement) and try to report the case to relevant authorities.

Also spread the word anywhere you can. If all victims gather, it can push the authorities to take action swiftly.

• Saffy
    August 14, 2009 at 6:20 pm

I also fall into this trap however I am not paying…joing the facebook group, also their debt collection company is fake no one should pay as of many researches and blog i have been through never read that anyone was sued or been forced to pay…

• Chaugule from India
    August 25, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Hi,
    I too am receiving their threats after I sent by email the form filled but not actually signed personally. They have even sent a CD with the directory and have added my company name to their web directory as well. We all know this is a trap, but has anyone actually been sued? Please reply.

• Liz
    August 27, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Oh my God, yes, just got sucked in too….
    I’m definitely not paying, I’m so upset that I got caught, it’s misleading conduct and have sought legal advice. I am going to alert The Dutch Consumer Authority – The Netherlands and The Institututo Nacional de Consumer – Spain to report and check. In fact according to my legal source there is a recent judgment which shows the authorities in the Netherlands are taking misleading conduct cases seriously and can impose fines of up to 100,000 Euros per mailing in fines – so hoping that will help. If everyone reports them there, then it may build the case better for everyone to get them stopped!!!

• Iliyana Cvetanova
    September 24, 2009 at 8:11 am

Hi All,
    Just FYI they have reach Bulgaria already – thanks for the info about them! Lets stop this!
    All the best,
    Iliyana

• Fred
    October 6, 2009 at 9:51 am

I too received their e-mail on my dutch e-mail address. Since the e-mail states a dutch postal address, this mail, which is unsollicited, could be reported to the Dutch authorities, called OPTA on http://www.opta.nl

Since october 1st of this year it is required by law in Holland that the sender of commercial e-mail uses an opt-in system, so they need to have your written/electronic approval up front to send you commercial mail, otherwise it is SPAM which is not allowed.
    I am not sure if mail sent to foreign addresses from Dutch companies will be treated the same in the law here in Holland.
    I will be reporting them to the OPTA, however

Fred

• Peter Mas
    November 27, 2009 at 2:24 pm

This has happened to our company also. My poor PA is really upset that she fell for such a scam. Here is my response

Dear Ravena,
    As you know we have cancelled this order by registered post. You should be aware that your letter and emails and faxes, which constitutes punishable spam under Irish and UK legal code (Article 109 IRE), are now part of a legal file that I have passed on to my attorney and will seek legal action against your company.
    However, I am willing to settle with your company for the payment of the costs I incurred in processing your email, which make up for a total of 105 Euros, which constitutes an hour of work. I am more than willing to provide you with an invoice and a contract freeing you of all further claims from me if you so desire!
    Please note that for every future email, letter, fax, or telephone call from you or your company, there will be an increased charge of 55 Euro. So you are clear this figure is not negotiable and does not appear in any small print.
    Yours sincerely
    Peter
    P.S. I have also published this to my well-read web site network:

• Jaipal Nair
    November 28, 2009 at 6:43 am

Dear Sir,
    We are a NGO Visamo Kids Foundation which provides free boarding, food and Schooling up to 12grade to the underprviliged children of the society. We misunderstood the contract and hoping that it is a free insertion of data in the directory we opted for the same but since the last one month we are in trouble as their is continuos reminder from the company. As we are a NGO each and every activity of the foundation runs through the support of donors and support from the society, howcome we able to pay such a huge amount needed for registration. I have request to cancel the order given in favour of us. Please guide.

• Amanda
    November 30, 2009 at 6:07 pm

You may address to Legal & Enforcement Division,
    Financial Services Commission. They will advise that this company World Business Guide, and International Directories Group Ltd do not have licence to provide financial services business by the BVI Financial Services Commission, which is I believe is a must and will advise to address to your local enforcement authorities about this issue.
    It seems, that a lot of people suffer from them and you should all make an effort to stop them.

• Evangelina Vega
    December 2, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Our small boutique hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico was caught too and have started to receive reminders (Today the second one) we defenitily are not going to pay. But we really do not know what to do. We would appreciate if someone can help us on this issue.

• Thanya
    December 4, 2009 at 2:02 am

How can I ignore the invoices. So poor me. I was caught also. Since we are the hotel and golf course. We work as a group, then I send them the information all 3 properties we have. Now recieve 3 invoices. Can I get sue? Need help!

• John
    February 2, 2010 at 2:49 pm

We filled in the form that was emailed too in November 2009. Now the reminder payment letters are arriving with the legal threats. Has anyone an update on the situation here. Thanks.

• Daredjan Khetaguri
    February 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Our tourist agency wants to registration in world tourism industry.Thank you in advance

• Sherry
    December 17, 2010 at 4:24 am

It is sad that I was be caught in. Inform it is come to China already. I will ingore the invoice and mails from now on as every adviced above.