DoneDeal.ie or DoneADeal.ie?

DoneDeal.ie or DoneADeal.ie?

Driving home the other day I saw a sign at a junction for a website called www.DoneADeal.ie
At a second glance I noticed at “a” admist the address, so the website wasn’t our friends in Wexford who run www.donedeal.ie but in fact a new site.

Maybe they are trying to do the same task i thought to myself.

So what ! you may say. . . We know they are trying to reach fame by using a similar name to the real site and good for them?

Maybe, but on doing a search online when getting to the office the new site can not be found and in fact is now just helping the real site.

Are the owners trying to fool or trick google? If do they are they have made a giant mistake.

Google is not stupid.

Google is now ignoring the ‘a’ in the middle of the new site and directing people to the original site!

When you are planning an online business we suggest getting off on the right foot so get the right advice.

For professional web solutions that work, talk to Cada Media today 053 9430748

8 Comments
  • peter
    April 19, 2010 at 11:35 am

I just searched for doneadeal on google and it took me to doneadeal and not donedeal. You must have mistyped.

• alan
    May 5, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Hi there

Ya I just did a google search there and it took me staright in.

Great site by the way, I never knew it existed.

• Mich
    May 6, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Ya i googled it there now and it comes up first,
    Have sold my car off it, best of luck to the owners, ill be recommending it to my friends

• Tom
    July 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm

More power to any body wetting up one of these sites to take on the likes of Ebay. But I must say doneadeal.ie have gone too far ripping off donedeal.ie

Having a similar name is bad enough but when you go onto their site doneadeal.ie have gone to great effort to mimmick the look of the original donedeal.ie whilst being slightly different in fact some users will think they are on the same site

that is the same as trading on someone elses name and hard work and is dishonest in my opinion

• michelle
    October 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I find flogthelot.ie to be great for buying and selling online. There is even an application you can download from itunes to allow you to upload your advert directly to their website.

• ben
    December 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm

It’s bit of a rip off alright. The website will never become a household name because it will always be remembered as that website that ripped off donedeal. I see a new site there the other day youtrade.ie looked really well.